- A thing that is or may be chosen.
- The power or right of choosing.
- The act of choosing; choice.
Synonyms: Selection,election, choice, alternative, recourse, possibility, course of action, freedom of choice, power to choose, right to choose, bet.
An exclusive opportunity, usually for a limited period, to buy something at a future date: “He has a six-month option on the Canadian rights to this book.”
- Options are the things and choices are our decisions. Options are fixed and choices aren’t.
Apparently having to many choices/options may make you unhappy. It becomes exhausting and ends up consuming us for a simple thing as a decision. Also known as a “Choice overload”.
“The level of certainty people have about their choices decreases. And the anticipation that they will regret their choices increases.”
Something that may be chosen; such as (examples):
- An alternative course of action.
- Didn’t have many options open.
- An item that is offered in addition to or in place of standard equipment.
- A sunroof is one of the options that you can get with the car.
(Shown in Notebook 1, page 80 – 81)